19 February 2006

"Progress" on the Arthur Harrison Documentary

Those of you who know me, know that for the past three or so years, I have been working on a documentary featuring Mr. Arthur Harrison. Harrison is an electronic instrument designer and builder, specializing in theremins, which he also plays quite well, including work with my band The Cassettes (you can read a sort of review about him here). Well, after shooting somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 hours of footage, you might say that I was a bit burnt out. I enlisted several compatriots to help out, but perhaps without the benefits of financial remuneration, those enlisted were somewhat less than active after a short period of time (this should not sully the names of such people as Ms. Abby Moser, who was quite important to the production process). As such, the gears of the post-production process ground to an effective halt.

No more.

I have recently transferred 6 hours of footage filmed during the snowed-in weekend of February 2003 from miniDV to VHS and I intend to begin "logging" and "capturing" this footage over the next week or so. Afterwards, I shall do the same with the rest of the footage I have, as well as attempting to reclaim the footage in the possession of other individuals. Next comes the editing process.

If anyone would like to assist me in this time consuming process, please write to stephen [dot] guidry [at] gmail [dot] com

[Sprezzatura]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home